Friday, January 21, 2011

Almost weekend!

It’s finally Friday again, HOORAY! Tomorrow I can wake up as late as I want without having to hear that obnoxious alarm! Train was late again this morning, sigh, it’s such a pain. In the morning I always try to catch up some sleep on the journey to work, but I must say there are comfier places to sleep! It’s funny how when you’re trying to sleep whilst sitting, and as soon as you actually doze off your head drops down and that shocks you awake right away. Stupid heavy head.


Maybe this weird sky rest thing would be handy after all.












ANYWAY, I was going to talk about something I love to do today. Watch tv! Yup, I must admit, Master’s degree in languages or not, I love me some television. I’m a real moviebuff, although I’m quite critical, I don’t really watch the daytime tv type of films or annoying romantic comedies ( Although there are some I did enjoy, e.g. How to lose a guy in ten days, laughed my ass off during that one.) I also loooove watching series, during my almost a year of unemployment after graduating, I had a LOT of time on my hands. I did work as a volunteer at the animal pound two afternoons a week, so at least I was somewhat useful to society! But for the most part I was a lazy bum and I watched series online for a large part of the day! Because of this I am currently following a LOT of series. My favourites are How I met your mother, the big bang theory, True Blood, the Vampire diaries, Big Love, Medium, House, the desperate housewives.. and probably some others but I currently forget because I just had this creepy man here at work!

So sudden subject change :D Just had this creepy Afghan man at the front desk, mumbling in weird English about wanting to go to Ireland, and he apparently had an Italian refugee card, and somehow he kept thinking that was a European passport and that was valid to go to Ireland. I told him no, you need a visa, and you need to apply for it in your country of residence, but he kept going on and on about not needing a visa because he had a European passport and he didn’t need one for Belgium, which seemed very unlikely. He probably got here illegally, and is now trying to go to Ireland. Luckily I managed to get rid of him by telling him I’d call once I had more information, and I copied his refugee card to make sure I got his details. Good thing I’m behind bullet-proof glass. Suddenly this job got way more exciting! Don’t worry Irish people, I’m not letting him in!
Also someone thought I was Irish because of my red hair and good accent, YAY me.

Now back to the series! I’m very fond of all of them, they each appeal to a different part of me. Although, as a fantasy geek, I do love the non real life ones. Vampire diaries are really good, but when it comes to vampires I really like True Blood. I know I know, some people must be really getting sick of vampires with all this Twilight mania going on, and although I did enjoy reading Twilight, the vampires in it are pretty wussy compared to the ones in True Blood, now those are some scary ass vampires! Good looking too, which is always a bonus! But True Blood is not for the faint- hearted or the prudes among us, it’s very violent, there’s quite a bit of sex in it and quite a bit of swearing too. But it’s a great show, very exciting and never bores. I’m reading the series too, and quite liking it as well. Although I do like being able to watch hot vampire Viking Eric!

Don’t you agree? For the non long hair fans among us, later in the show he cuts it, so you might approve more then! But I like the long hair, it makes him look more vikingy, which is what he’s supposed to be. He’s Swedish (the actor) of course, and he’s insanely tall and broad shouldered and muscular, drewl. Yup I like me a tall broad shouldered, strong man, but who wouldn’t really!

Sorry for the hormonal lapse!

Any plans for the weekend everyone? I’m tired from the long week so I’ll be mostly a lazy bum again, but am going to cousin’s place Saturday evening for a hopefully nice dinner with lots of nice drinks! Yes, I do like my bubblies! And I’m also planning on a chat with my old friend from England who I will naturally force to read my blog, and comment, as I have still none! Sniff.
But even if nobody ever reads it I do enjoy rambling on, I always loved writing in journals as a teen, so I’m enjoying this. But I hope some day someone does comment!

Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment