Friday, May 6, 2011

What not to wear

Not that I'm a fashion guru or anything, but when walking around in a big city like Brussels you see a lot of people (often young people) with a ghastly sense of style. I like vintage style things and wear a lot of skirts and dresses, so I'm all for having your own style, but some people could really use some lessons on what does NOT and will never make you look good :p. A lot of people seem to think the more they show, the hotter they look, but really, that is not always the case.

These are to me the ugliest and unfortunately seen too often styles

Leggings for pants:


Leggings under a dress looks fine, that's what they were intended for, but some people got the insane idea to wear them as trousers. I find this look hideous on pretty much everyone, and to be honest, you might as well be naked.

See my point? And being a celebrity and freakishly thin doesn't really make it look any better. So we can pretty much conclude that leggings as pants is a bad idea no matter what your size is, unless your goal is to show the world your jiggly butt, your camel toe or your granny panties.



Right, on to the next one!

Tiny shirt+ tiny jeans= love handles galore

Much to many women's regret, not everyone has a size zero and looks like this:

This does not mean that you can't look fabulous in a pair of jeans, there's a perfect pair for every figure. Unfortunately some girls refuse to accept the fact they have a larger size than they want and refuse to buy a pair of jeans that actually fits them. Or they seem to think the tighter the jeans the hotter I will look! And why not pair it with a short t-shirt and show some skin, I'll be smoking. Well, I'm not a guy but I fail the see the sexyness in this:


Classy isn't it? As hard as it may be to accept you're a size 10 and not a size 8, you will look a million times better in a good pair of size ten jeans than you will by squeezing yourself in a size 8. And also, I always find when I'm wearing something on the small side and I just had a giant meal, I feel like I'm going to explode out of my jeans, which is not a desirable feeling. Also it bloody hurts and that red ring all around your waist after you take it off is not so sexy either.


Crocs

Need I say more?


Prints as 'Juicy' or 'Sexy' on ass


While great as a pyjama or on a lazy sunday lying in the couch eating crisps and watching Friends, not so great for a walk around town. When said ass is in fact not really that juicy, or perhaps tooo juicy, the message becomes more sarcastic than confident.



Look at my boxers!


This one is for all the men out there who think it makes us weak in the knees to see about half of your boxers sticking out of your jeans. You look like an idiot. Also, have you ever seen such a guy on a bike? I nearly fell off mine watching a guy desperately trying to prevent his jeans from falling off whilst cycling. Pull up your pants guys. You're never going to get any respect from anyone if you look like a penguin.



Harem pants


Who can possible work this look? Some fashion trends should remain in the past. So unless you're MC Hammer or take belly-dancing classes, step away from the harem pants. Every time I see them it makes me just want to burst out singing:
Prince Ali! Handsome is he, Ali Ababwa
That physique! How can I speak
Weak at the knee
Well, get on out in that square
Adjust your vein and prepare
To gawk and grovel and stare at Prince Ali!




That's it for now :D We all wear something hideous every now and then, hard to avoid, but the above styles should be common fashion nono knowledge by now.
Oh well, even the royals could use a little hand sometimes

Like this poor lady with her very unfortunate hat choice at the royal wedding. Is it an octopus, is it a superhero head shield? nope just a hat. Luckily, unlike poor princess Beatrice, our mistakes don't end up as the internet laughing stock of the month.



Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment