Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kids today....


Yes, I have reached that age where I have come to believe that kids these days are idiots. How did I come to this conclusion? I often overhear young teenagers on the train as they go to school, and oh my god, do I want to punch them in the face. Why do they talk like morons? The most used words in their vocabulary seem to be 'dude', 'shit', 'fuck', 'man' and random caveman-like sounds. Nothing wrong with a little slang, we all do that, but really, can they have a normal slightly intelligent conversation ? And naturally, they all dress in penguin trousers, and listen to music loudly (without headphones) on the 7 o'clock train, and not just any music, BOOM BOOM BOOM beat music. Hence my great urge to punch.

Also, parents these days seem to be a lot less strict. Kids get mobiles at 12 years old, have a tv in their room, have a playstation, a wii, internet, and it goes on.. No wonder they never leave their room. And good luck studying when the sweet lure of facebook is calling.
And they never go outside anymore, no contact with nature at all, they grow up in front of a computer or a tv. Good luck on getting them to save the planet, they won't give a damn. Not that I never experienced the lure of the computer age. I spent quite a lot of time playing games, when the computer came in the house. But it was downstairs and parents made sure I wasn't on it every day all day. I played outside (in the garden, as I wasn't allowed to cross the street alone until 11, sigh :D) and have some great memories. Playing games all the time will not result in many childhood memories.

I still chuckle at the memory of my friend and I playing 'real life', and her accidentally placing her hand in a pile of dogpoop when crawling around. The image of her dismayed face and her raised poopy hand coming towards me still cracks me up. Those were the days! And it would be a pity if kids today didn't have that. Parents just need to monitor it, or their kids will become fat computer geeks with no social skills.


Lets hope my annoying teenage train companions will grow out of it. But I doubt it -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment