Thursday, August 4, 2011

Random Thursday goes international

It's that day of the week again, and I've gathered up some pics I liked just for your entertainment. This week part of the focus is for Russia, although I've never been yet, I have a master's degree in the language and although I don't use the language in my job right now, I really enjoyed studying it and learning all about the complex history and culture. To make sure I don't forget all of it, I've starting writing letters in Russian with the Czech penfriend I had as a teen, who is also studying Russian. First letter arrived yesterday, and I was happy to find out I haven't forgotten all of it yet!

Это для вас Россия.

Also, finally, some stereotypical jokes about Europe! Nothing wrong with some self-mockery.


In rural Russia, baboeshka is not some frail lady sitting in a chair ;)



Taking the dog for a walk.


Mommy, daddy, meet my new boyfriend!



Give me more balls! Moooore!



Oh Bess..


My kind of American. Stop all the hating, just because you don't understand something, does not mean it is wrong. It's a free world, if they're not hurting anyone, let people be happy being who they are.


No matter what the rest of the world thinks, in Russia people freaking love Putin.



That is one fancy pen! But sometimes, it might be better for the budget to keep it simple :p Although I imagine it was fun to make.


Seems a lot likelier. Giant comet, hah! Noah putting one of each animal on a giant boat he built himself? Seems legit.


Exactly :p


And it's true :D! But I like it that way, why should you limit yourself to your own country, when there are so many good things to get from other countries! As the annoying puppets in Disneyland say, it's a small world after all. mmm curry


This poster used to hang in my English class in secondary school, thought it was really funny. They really got the stereotypes right! Thought I'd look for some European ones as I hadn't mocked us yet :D

No comments:

Post a Comment