Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's going to be a loooong week


As I predicted, work is insanely busy. I’ve been working my ass off, had a whole chaos of old files dumped on my desk, had a complication with the accounts, so it’s been really hectic. It looks like it’s going to be a really long week, and it’s only Tuesday. And next week my colleague is on leave for two weeks, so I’ll have to handle all the consular work by myself. August is going to be rough! I’ll be in serious need of that vacation to Spain in September. I’ll need some serious relaxation and some nights of letting my hair down (a.k.a. cocktails and dancing!). As it’s a seaside city, I’m sure there will be ample of opportunity to do just that! Alas it’s still a month and a half of working and commuting away. But I am starting to look for a possible place of my own, less far from work, so I don’t have to spend four hours a day on the train anymore. It will be expensive though, apartments are not cheap, but I’m sick of getting home so late, so it has to be done.

Also had another fun train journey yesterday to make the day extra amusing. Someone jumped under the train coming from the opposite direction, which of course led to the rails between two stations being completely unavailable. Luckily I was only one station away from my usual stop, so I counted on my ever so handy dad to come and pick me up! Can’t understand why someone would just jump under a train. I guess people who are that low just don’t think about the strangers having to deal with the aftermath, the poor driver and the people on the train, and everyone who has to see the mess and worse even, clean it up. It’s crude, but there’s something very selfish about it. My dad works for the railway so he’s heard his share of stories of train drivers having to take a really long time off due to the whole trauma of the experience. Of course the thought that someone there had just died just a few miles ahead, was rather awful, it really makes you think.

To me, life always feels worth living, no matter how tough it gets. The sun will come out again eventually, maybe not tomorrow, but it will. I suppose some people just have no fight left in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment