Friday, April 15, 2011

Phone Addiction

Nomophobia is the fear of being out of mobile phone contact. Millions of people apparently suffer from this phobia.  I was one of them.

Papa got me my first phone when I finished my 10th , even with mum constantly saying how she thought it was too early and a bad idea. Its has always been an important part of my life since then. 5months ago for my birthday, my parents got me a smart phone, my happiness knew bounds, my addiction to it grew into heights.Yes, smart phone addiction. There was not a moment where you could find me without my phone. My friends used to shout at me for that.

2days ago, I lost my phone, some fucker in college stole it. I cried like I had been caught copying and thrown out of class(I think lots of people actually thought that) It felt like the world around me ended, through out the day, I had odd feeling of emptiness, and i kept touching my pocket in the hopes of finding it. I was so badly distracted that, I couldn't write my afternoon internals, for which I had actually studied.

Now I don't have a phone of mine yet, hardly 3 people know how to contact me. I thought I couldn't manage, but I am really relieved and happy  that I am coming out of this obsession or addiction with my phone .


10 signs of phone addiction:
  1.  You use it in the bathroom.
  2. You feel a brief moment of panic when you touch your pocket and it’s gone.
  3. When you meet people with the same phone, you can only talk about the phone.
  4.  A full battery barely lasts a day.Anxiety increases as the phone battery runs low.
  5. you read about your phone on phone.
  6. You sneak to pick calls while in the bathroom, in class, while driving, in church or in very important meetings instead of waiting for the sessions to end.
  7. You can never stop scrolling through your phonebook, looking for nothing in particular.
  8. You send more than 20 text messages every day before you sleep when you can use one email to reach all of them
  9. You can’t bear to have your phone of for a few minutes and would rather keep it ringing incessantly even when in  a silent place.
  10. You use your cell phone’s calculator for the simplest of all calculations like 100 times three.
If  you are one of those people, who are like me, please try stop it, before it gets too out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment